Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 16, 2014 at 16:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 16, 2014 at 16:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.96 meters/second, 1573.1 km/hour, 977.5 miles/hour or 849.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.29 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 15.4"||977.33 mi||west||0° 09' 30.8"||10.90 mi||north||977.67 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 01.4"||894.72 mi||east||4° 04' 54.1"||280.53 mi||north||943.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Tue 3:48 AM||310 km||193 miles||168 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Tue 3:48 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||NNW|
|Arawa||Tue 2:48 AM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||NNW|
|Buka||Tue 2:48 AM||831 km||516 miles||448 nm||NNW|
|Luganville||Tue 3:48 AM||1016 km||631 miles||548 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Tue 3:48 AM||1234 km||767 miles||666 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 2:48 AM||1272 km||790 miles||687 nm||W|
|Noumea||Tue 3:48 AM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||SE|
|Cairns||Tue 2:48 AM||1486 km||924 miles||803 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Tue 4:48 AM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.