Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 16, 2014 at 16:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:12 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 16, 2014 at 16:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.97 meters/second, 1573.1 km/hour, 977.5 miles/hour or 849.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.29 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 15.5"||977.41 mi||west||0° 09' 30.8"||10.90 mi||north||977.75 mi|
|24 hours||13° 12' 59.8"||894.76 mi||east||4° 04' 55.4"||280.57 mi||north||943.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Tue 3:48 AM||326 km||202 miles||176 nm||NE|
|Gizo||Tue 3:48 AM||445 km||277 miles||240 nm||NNW|
|Arawa||Tue 2:48 AM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 2:48 AM||1243 km||772 miles||671 nm||WNW|
|Port Vila||Tue 3:48 AM||1259 km||783 miles||680 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Tue 3:48 AM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||SE|
|Cairns||Tue 2:48 AM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Tue 4:48 AM||1575 km||979 miles||851 nm||NE|
|Brisbane||Tue 2:48 AM||1812 km||1126 miles||979 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Tue 3:48 AM||2078 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.