Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 16, 2014 at 4:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 16, 2014 at 16:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 436.96 meters/second, 1573.1 kilometres/hour, 977.5 miles/hour or 849.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 15.4"||977.33 mi||West||0° 09' 30.8"||10.90 mi||North||977.67 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 01.4"||894.72 mi||East||4° 04' 54.1"||280.53 mi||North||943.31 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Tue 3:48 AM||310 km||193 miles||168 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Tue 3:48 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||NNW|
|Arawa||Tue 2:48 AM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||NNW|
|Luganville||Tue 3:48 AM||1016 km||631 miles||548 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Tue 3:48 AM||1235 km||767 miles||667 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 2:48 AM||1272 km||790 miles||687 nm||W|
|Noumea||Tue 3:48 AM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||SE|
|Cairns||Tue 2:48 AM||1486 km||924 miles||803 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Tue 4:48 AM||1557 km||967 miles||841 nm||NE|
|Brisbane||Tue 2:48 AM||1821 km||1131 miles||983 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.