Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 16, 2014 at 17:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:12 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 16, 2014 at 17:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.25 meters/second, 1574.1 km/hour, 978.1 miles/hour or 849.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.30 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 19.1"||978.04 mi||west||0° 09' 35.1"||10.98 mi||north||978.38 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 33.5"||893.65 mi||east||4° 06' 13.8"||282.07 mi||north||942.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Tue 3:48 AM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||NE|
|Cairns||Tue 3:48 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||SSE|
|Mount Hagen||Tue 3:48 AM||649 km||403 miles||350 nm||N|
|Lae||Tue 3:48 AM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||NNE|
|Jayapura||Tue 2:48 AM||1072 km||666 miles||579 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Tue 3:18 AM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Tue 2:48 AM||1615 km||1003 miles||872 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Tue 3:18 AM||1696 km||1054 miles||916 nm||SW|
|Honiara||Tue 4:48 AM||1781 km||1106 miles||961 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Tue 3:48 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.