Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 05:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:12 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 05:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.49 meters/second, 1585.8 km/hour, 985.4 miles/hour or 856.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.42 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||north||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 03.2"||985.24 mi||west||0° 10' 19.1"||11.82 mi||north||985.56 mi|
|24 hours||12° 54' 53.8"||880.53 mi||east||4° 19' 22.8"||297.08 mi||north||933.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Tue 2:48 AM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||WNW|
|Maceió||Tue 2:48 AM||686 km||426 miles||370 nm||W|
|Fernando de Noronha||Tue 3:48 AM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Tue 2:48 AM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 2:48 AM||1203 km||748 miles||650 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Tue 2:48 AM||2068 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||SW|
|Brasilia||Tue 2:48 AM||2106 km||1309 miles||1137 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Tue 2:48 AM||2293 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||WNW|
|São Paulo||Tue 2:48 AM||2381 km||1480 miles||1286 nm||SW|
|Jamestown||Tue 5:48 AM||2668 km||1658 miles||1440 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.