Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 5:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 05:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.53 meters/second, 1585.9 km/hour, 985.4 miles/hour or 856.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 03.7"||985.32 mi||West||0° 10' 19.6"||11.83 mi||North||985.65 mi|
|24 hours||12° 54' 42.0"||880.38 mi||East||4° 19' 30.7"||297.23 mi||North||933.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Tue 2:58 AM||403 km||251 miles||218 nm||WNW|
|Maceió||Tue 2:58 AM||451 km||280 miles||244 nm||W|
|Natal||Tue 2:58 AM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||NW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Tue 3:58 AM||653 km||406 miles||352 nm||N|
|Salvador||Tue 2:58 AM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 2:58 AM||1008 km||627 miles||544 nm||NW|
|Brasilia||Tue 2:58 AM||1889 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Tue 2:58 AM||1917 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||SW|
|Belém||Tue 2:58 AM||2076 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||WNW|
|São Paulo||Tue 2:58 AM||2213 km||1375 miles||1195 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.