Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 12:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 12:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.60 meters/second, 1607.8 km/hour, 999.0 miles/hour or 868.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 42.7"||998.94 mi||West||0° 11' 19.7"||12.97 mi||North||999.14 mi|
|24 hours||12° 20' 00.8"||850.96 mi||East||4° 32' 59.2"||312.61 mi||North||907.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Wed 4:48 AM||2678 km||1664 miles||1446 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island||Wed 6:48 AM||2693 km||1673 miles||1454 nm||SSE|
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 6:48 AM||3136 km||1949 miles||1694 nm||E|
|Mexico City *||Wed 7:48 AM||3296 km||2048 miles||1780 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Wed 6:48 AM||3635 km||2259 miles||1963 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Wed 6:48 AM||3706 km||2303 miles||2001 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Wed 5:48 AM||3740 km||2324 miles||2019 nm||N|
|Papeete||Wed 2:48 AM||3786 km||2353 miles||2044 nm||WSW|
|Managua||Wed 6:48 AM||3908 km||2428 miles||2110 nm||ENE|
|Tegucigalpa||Wed 6:48 AM||3915 km||2433 miles||2114 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.