Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 18:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 18:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.27 meters/second, 1610.2 km/hour, 1000.5 miles/hour or 869.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.67 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 58.1"||1000.46 mi||west||0° 11' 23.1"||13.04 mi||north||1000.63 mi|
|24 hours||12° 14' 59.3"||846.21 mi||east||4° 32' 30.7"||312.06 mi||north||902.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Thu 4:48 AM||289 km||179 miles||156 nm||SSW|
|Arawa||Thu 4:48 AM||362 km||225 miles||196 nm||S|
|Gizo||Thu 5:48 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Thu 5:48 AM||870 km||541 miles||470 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Thu 5:48 AM||1131 km||703 miles||611 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 4:48 AM||1166 km||725 miles||630 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Thu 6:48 AM||1299 km||807 miles||701 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Thu 3:48 AM||1645 km||1022 miles||888 nm||W|
|Cairns||Thu 4:48 AM||1875 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 6:48 AM||2007 km||1247 miles||1084 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.