Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 18:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:12 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 18:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.29 meters/second, 1610.3 km/hour, 1000.6 miles/hour or 869.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.67 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 58.5"||1000.50 mi||west||0° 11' 23.2"||13.04 mi||north||1000.66 mi|
|24 hours||12° 14' 50.5"||846.06 mi||east||4° 32' 28.8"||312.03 mi||north||902.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Thu 4:58 AM||347 km||215 miles||187 nm||SE|
|Arawa||Thu 4:58 AM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||SE|
|Gizo||Thu 5:58 AM||727 km||452 miles||393 nm||SE|
|Lae||Thu 4:58 AM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 4:58 AM||953 km||592 miles||515 nm||SW|
|Honiara||Thu 5:58 AM||1070 km||665 miles||578 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Thu 5:58 AM||1240 km||771 miles||670 nm||NNE|
|Jayapura||Thu 3:58 AM||1346 km||836 miles||727 nm||W|
|Yaren||Thu 6:58 AM||1592 km||989 miles||860 nm||E|
|Cairns||Thu 4:58 AM||1729 km||1075 miles||934 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.