Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 16:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:12 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 16:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.15 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 41.4"||1002.41 mi||west||0° 11' 15.5"||12.89 mi||north||1002.46 mi|
|24 hours||12° 01' 53.6"||832.06 mi||east||4° 23' 22.1"||301.60 mi||north||883.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:28 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:28 AM||1812 km||1126 miles||978 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 4:28 AM||1981 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||W|
|Apia||Fri 5:28 AM||2196 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Thu 6:28 AM||2232 km||1387 miles||1205 nm||N|
|Papeete||Thu 6:28 AM||2297 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 6:28 AM||2479 km||1540 miles||1339 nm||S|
|Alofi||Thu 5:28 AM||2549 km||1584 miles||1376 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 4:28 AM||2673 km||1661 miles||1443 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 5:28 AM||3050 km||1895 miles||1647 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.