Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 4:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 16:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.15 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 41.2"||1002.42 mi||West||0° 11' 15.5"||12.89 mi||North||1002.46 mi|
|24 hours||12° 01' 54.0"||832.07 mi||East||4° 23' 22.9"||301.62 mi||North||883.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:28 AM||146 km||91 miles||79 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:28 AM||1832 km||1138 miles||989 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 4:28 AM||2011 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||W|
|Apia||Fri 5:28 AM||2216 km||1377 miles||1196 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Thu 6:28 AM||2231 km||1387 miles||1205 nm||N|
|Papeete||Thu 6:28 AM||2284 km||1419 miles||1233 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 6:28 AM||2480 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||S|
|Alofi||Thu 5:28 AM||2563 km||1593 miles||1384 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 4:28 AM||2702 km||1679 miles||1459 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 5:28 AM||3067 km||1906 miles||1656 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.