Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 5:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 17:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.14 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 42.5"||1002.38 mi||West||0° 11' 14.6"||12.88 mi||North||1002.42 mi|
|24 hours||12° 01' 33.2"||831.62 mi||East||4° 22' 48.9"||300.97 mi||North||882.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Fri 6:18 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||SSW|
|Rawaki||Fri 6:18 AM||556 km||346 miles||300 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 5:18 AM||675 km||419 miles||364 nm||W|
|Howland Island||Thu 5:18 AM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 6:18 AM||1182 km||735 miles||638 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Fri 7:18 AM||1468 km||912 miles||793 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Fri 5:18 AM||1576 km||979 miles||851 nm||SW|
|Apia||Fri 6:18 AM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 5:18 AM||1834 km||1140 miles||991 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 5:18 AM||2108 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.