Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 5:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 17:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.13 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.4 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 42.9"||1002.37 mi||West||0° 11' 14.4"||12.87 mi||North||1002.42 mi|
|24 hours||12° 01' 29.0"||831.53 mi||East||4° 22' 41.8"||300.84 mi||North||882.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Thu 5:28 AM||414 km||257 miles||224 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Thu 5:28 AM||414 km||258 miles||224 nm||WSW|
|Kanton Island||Fri 6:28 AM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Fri 6:28 AM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 6:28 AM||1199 km||745 miles||647 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 5:28 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Fri 5:28 AM||1566 km||973 miles||845 nm||W|
|Apia||Fri 6:28 AM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Fri 7:28 AM||1737 km||1079 miles||938 nm||E|
|Majuro||Fri 5:28 AM||1853 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.