Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 18:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 18:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.11 meters/second, 1613.2 km/hour, 1002.4 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 44.3"||1002.32 mi||west||0° 11' 13.3"||12.85 mi||north||1002.36 mi|
|24 hours||347° 58' 54.9"||831.00 mi||west||4° 21' 59.5"||300.03 mi||north||881.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Fri 6:28 AM||49 km||30 miles||26 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Fri 6:28 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Fri 6:28 AM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 6:28 AM||1228 km||763 miles||663 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Fri 6:28 AM||1333 km||828 miles||720 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Fri 5:28 AM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Fri 5:28 AM||1851 km||1150 miles||999 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Fri 6:28 AM||2068 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 7:28 AM||2162 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Fri 5:28 AM||2181 km||1355 miles||1177 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.