Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 18:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.10 meters/second, 1613.2 km/hour, 1002.4 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 44.5"||1002.31 mi||West||0° 11' 13.1"||12.85 mi||North||1002.35 mi|
|24 hours||347° 58' 58.8"||830.92 mi||West||4° 21' 52.3"||299.89 mi||North||881.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Fri 6:38 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||E|
|Yaren||Fri 6:38 AM||429 km||266 miles||231 nm||WSW|
|Tabiteuea||Fri 6:38 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Fri 6:38 AM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||NNE|
|Kwajalein||Fri 6:38 AM||838 km||520 miles||452 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Fri 5:38 AM||1457 km||905 miles||787 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 6:38 AM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Fri 6:38 AM||1499 km||932 miles||810 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Fri 5:38 AM||1660 km||1032 miles||896 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Fri 6:38 AM||1998 km||1241 miles||1079 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.