Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, June 20, 2014 at 18:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, June 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 20, 2014 at 18:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.13 meters/second, 1606.1 km/hour, 998.0 miles/hour or 867.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.63 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 07.3"||997.88 mi||west||0° 10' 30.1"||12.03 mi||north||997.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 54.5"||821.03 mi||east||3° 59' 03.5"||273.81 mi||north||862.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Fri 6:18 AM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:18 AM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 7:18 AM||1695 km||1053 miles||915 nm||S|
|Majuro||Sat 6:18 AM||1754 km||1090 miles||947 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 8:18 AM||1794 km||1115 miles||969 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Sat 6:18 AM||1810 km||1125 miles||977 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Sat 7:18 AM||2182 km||1356 miles||1178 nm||S|
|Yaren||Sat 6:18 AM||2342 km||1455 miles||1265 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 8:18 AM||2363 km||1469 miles||1276 nm||NE|
|Midway||Fri 7:18 AM||2517 km||1564 miles||1359 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.