Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, June 20, 2014 at 18:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, June 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 20, 2014 at 18:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.11 meters/second, 1606.0 km/hour, 997.9 miles/hour or 867.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.63 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 07.4"||997.83 mi||west||0° 10' 29.7"||12.02 mi||north||997.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 53.9"||820.97 mi||east||3° 58' 51.5"||273.58 mi||north||861.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Fri 6:28 AM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:28 AM||1379 km||857 miles||745 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sat 6:28 AM||1488 km||924 miles||803 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 6:28 AM||1701 km||1057 miles||919 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 7:28 AM||1750 km||1087 miles||945 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 8:28 AM||2056 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Sat 6:28 AM||2089 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Sat 7:28 AM||2218 km||1378 miles||1198 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Sat 6:28 AM||2444 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||NW|
|Midway||Fri 7:28 AM||2479 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.