Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 26, 2014 at 2:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, June 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 26, 2014 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.11 meters/second, 1526.8 km/hour, 948.7 miles/hour or 824.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 05.6"||948.45 mi||West||0° 00' 34.2"||0.66 mi||South||948.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 51.0"||774.94 mi||East||0° 38' 51.8"||44.55 mi||South||777.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Thu 1:08 PM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Thu 11:08 AM||2027 km||1260 miles||1095 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Thu 10:08 AM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Thu 11:08 AM||2168 km||1347 miles||1171 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Thu 10:08 AM||2257 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||W|
|Castries||Thu 10:08 AM||2267 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||W|
|Roseau||Thu 10:08 AM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Thu 10:08 AM||2281 km||1417 miles||1232 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Thu 10:08 AM||2291 km||1423 miles||1237 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Thu 10:08 AM||2321 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.