Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, June 27, 2014 at 14:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, June 27, 2014 at 8:09 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, July 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 27, 2014 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.04 meters/second, 1533.7 km/hour, 953.0 miles/hour or 828.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.88 mi||west||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||south||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.1"||952.79 mi||west||0° 02' 43.6"||3.13 mi||south||952.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 55.2"||758.29 mi||east||1° 28' 13.5"||101.12 mi||south||768.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Fri 1:08 PM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||ESE|
|Santa Maria||Fri 1:08 PM||656 km||407 miles||354 nm||ESE|
|Praia||Fri 1:08 PM||681 km||423 miles||367 nm||ESE|
|Dakar||Fri 2:08 PM||1280 km||796 miles||691 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Fri 2:08 PM||1357 km||843 miles||732 nm||E|
|Banjul||Fri 2:08 PM||1417 km||881 miles||765 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Fri 2:08 PM||1592 km||989 miles||859 nm||ESE|
|El Aaiún *||Fri 3:08 PM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Fri 2:08 PM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||ESE|
|Freetown||Fri 2:08 PM||2007 km||1247 miles||1083 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.