Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, June 27, 2014 at 14:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, June 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, July 5, 2014 at 12:00 Noon|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 27, 2014 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.04 meters/second, 1533.7 km/hour, 953.0 miles/hour or 828.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.88 mi||west||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||south||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.1"||952.78 mi||west||0° 02' 43.6"||3.13 mi||south||952.91 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 56.1"||758.30 mi||east||1° 28' 11.3"||101.08 mi||south||768.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Fri 1:08 PM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||ESE|
|Santa Maria||Fri 1:08 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||ESE|
|Praia||Fri 1:08 PM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||SE|
|Dakar||Fri 2:08 PM||1253 km||778 miles||676 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Fri 2:08 PM||1328 km||825 miles||717 nm||E|
|Banjul||Fri 2:08 PM||1390 km||864 miles||751 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Fri 2:08 PM||1566 km||973 miles||845 nm||ESE|
|El Aaiún *||Fri 3:08 PM||1848 km||1149 miles||998 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Fri 2:08 PM||1875 km||1165 miles||1013 nm||ESE|
|Freetown||Fri 2:08 PM||1982 km||1232 miles||1070 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.