Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, June 28, 2014 at 02:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, June 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, July 5, 2014 at 12:00 Noon|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 28, 2014 at 02:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.78 meters/second, 1540.0 km/hour, 956.9 miles/hour or 831.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.95 mi||west||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||south||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.4"||956.68 mi||west||0° 03' 43.5"||4.27 mi||south||956.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 33.5"||749.66 mi||east||1° 50' 37.4"||126.79 mi||south||763.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 2:08 PM||1003 km||624 miles||542 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Sat 1:08 PM||1199 km||745 miles||648 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sat 12:08 PM||1423 km||885 miles||769 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sat 2:08 PM||1910 km||1187 miles||1031 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Sat 2:08 PM||2278 km||1416 miles||1230 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sat 2:08 PM||2491 km||1548 miles||1345 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Sat 11:08 AM||2626 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sat 11:08 AM||2642 km||1641 miles||1426 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Sat 11:08 AM||2705 km||1681 miles||1461 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Fri 3:08 PM||2838 km||1764 miles||1533 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.