Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 11:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 2:10 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 11:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.08 meters/second, 1555.5 km/hour, 966.5 miles/hour or 839.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 20.4"||966.36 mi||West||0° 08' 26.8"||9.68 mi||North||966.71 mi|
|24 hours||14° 00' 42.6"||939.95 mi||East||3° 46' 48.7"||259.85 mi||North||982.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 1:48 AM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Sun 12:48 AM||977 km||607 miles||528 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sun 12:48 AM||1037 km||644 miles||560 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Mon 12:48 AM||1094 km||679 miles||590 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 12:48 AM||1166 km||725 miles||630 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Sun 1:48 AM||1349 km||838 miles||728 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 12:48 AM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 1:48 AM||1832 km||1138 miles||989 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Sun 11:48 PM||2175 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:48 PM||2179 km||1354 miles||1177 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.