Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 5:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 2:10 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 17:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.83 meters/second, 1561.8 kilometres/hour, 970.4 miles/hour or 843.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 39.3"||970.29 mi||West||0° 09' 00.6"||10.33 mi||North||970.64 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 28.2"||934.18 mi||East||3° 57' 57.3"||272.60 mi||North||979.70 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Malang||Mon 12:48 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||N|
|Kediri||Mon 12:48 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||N|
|Madiun||Mon 12:48 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Mon 1:48 AM||625 km||389 miles||338 nm||NE|
|Yogyakarta||Mon 12:48 AM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||NNW|
|Surakarta||Mon 12:48 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||N|
|Singaraja||Mon 1:48 AM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Mon 12:48 AM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||N|
|Mataram||Mon 1:48 AM||692 km||430 miles||373 nm||NE|
|Semarang||Mon 12:48 AM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.