Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 14, 2014 at 11:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 2:10 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 14, 2014 at 11:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.01 meters/second, 1580.4 km/hour, 982.0 miles/hour or 853.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 42.2"||981.91 mi||West||0° 10' 24.2"||11.92 mi||North||982.25 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 48.8"||915.13 mi||East||4° 23' 42.1"||302.03 mi||North||968.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 1:58 AM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Tue 1:58 AM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:58 AM||1594 km||991 miles||861 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:58 AM||2323 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||W|
|Alofi||Mon 12:58 AM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Tue 12:58 AM||2396 km||1489 miles||1294 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 3:58 AM||2666 km||1656 miles||1439 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:58 AM||2944 km||1829 miles||1590 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 11:58 PM||3149 km||1957 miles||1700 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Mon 11:58 PM||3383 km||2102 miles||1826 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.