Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, July 14, 2014 at 11:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 2:10 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 14, 2014 at 11:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.01 meters/second, 1580.4 km/hour, 982.0 miles/hour or 853.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.37 mi||west||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||north||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 42.2"||981.91 mi||west||0° 10' 24.2"||11.92 mi||north||982.25 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 48.8"||915.13 mi||east||4° 23' 42.1"||302.03 mi||north||968.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 1:58 AM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Tue 1:58 AM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:58 AM||1594 km||991 miles||861 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:58 AM||2326 km||1445 miles||1256 nm||W|
|Alofi||Mon 12:58 AM||2345 km||1457 miles||1266 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Tue 12:58 AM||2396 km||1489 miles||1294 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 3:58 AM||2666 km||1656 miles||1439 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:58 AM||2944 km||1829 miles||1590 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 11:58 PM||3149 km||1957 miles||1700 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Mon 11:58 PM||3380 km||2101 miles||1825 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.