Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 18:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 2:10 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 18:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.62 meters/second, 1607.8 km/hour, 999.1 miles/hour or 868.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 18.6"||998.99 mi||west||0° 10' 58.0"||12.56 mi||north||998.94 mi|
|24 hours||12° 11' 15.7"||840.35 mi||east||4° 10' 22.4"||286.75 mi||north||884.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Fri 5:38 AM||704 km||438 miles||380 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 4:38 AM||1284 km||798 miles||693 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Fri 3:38 AM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 4:38 AM||1650 km||1025 miles||891 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 6:38 AM||1726 km||1072 miles||932 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Fri 5:38 AM||1769 km||1099 miles||955 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Fri 3:38 AM||1978 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Fri 3:38 AM||2111 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 6:38 AM||2117 km||1316 miles||1143 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Fri 6:38 AM||2256 km||1402 miles||1218 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.