Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 18:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 2:09 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 18:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.62 meters/second, 1607.8 km/hour, 999.1 miles/hour or 868.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 18.6"||998.98 mi||west||0° 10' 57.9"||12.56 mi||north||998.93 mi|
|24 hours||12° 11' 15.2"||840.34 mi||east||4° 10' 21.0"||286.72 mi||north||884.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Fri 5:38 AM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 4:38 AM||1264 km||786 miles||683 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Fri 3:38 AM||1481 km||920 miles||800 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 4:38 AM||1640 km||1019 miles||886 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 6:38 AM||1755 km||1090 miles||947 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Fri 5:38 AM||1784 km||1109 miles||963 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Fri 3:38 AM||1948 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Fri 3:38 AM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 6:38 AM||2147 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Fri 6:38 AM||2276 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.