Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 18:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 2:09 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 18:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.61 meters/second, 1607.8 km/hour, 999.0 miles/hour or 868.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 18.8"||998.95 mi||west||0° 10' 57.4"||12.55 mi||north||998.89 mi|
|24 hours||12° 11' 11.1"||840.22 mi||east||4° 10' 09.2"||286.50 mi||north||884.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Fri 5:48 AM||986 km||613 miles||532 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 4:48 AM||1114 km||692 miles||601 nm||NNW|
|Jayapura||Fri 3:48 AM||1263 km||785 miles||682 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 4:48 AM||1577 km||980 miles||852 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Fri 3:48 AM||1684 km||1047 miles||910 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Fri 3:48 AM||1828 km||1136 miles||987 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Fri 5:48 AM||1934 km||1202 miles||1044 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 6:48 AM||2012 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Fri 6:48 AM||2412 km||1499 miles||1302 nm||E|
|Cairns||Fri 4:48 AM||2418 km||1502 miles||1306 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.