Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 18:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 2:10 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 18:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.61 meters/second, 1607.8 km/hour, 999.0 miles/hour or 868.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 18.7"||998.95 mi||west||0° 10' 57.6"||12.55 mi||north||998.90 mi|
|24 hours||12° 11' 11.6"||840.24 mi||east||4° 10' 10.5"||286.52 mi||north||884.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Fri 5:48 AM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 4:48 AM||1129 km||701 miles||609 nm||NNW|
|Jayapura||Fri 3:48 AM||1287 km||800 miles||695 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 4:48 AM||1582 km||983 miles||854 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Fri 3:48 AM||1714 km||1065 miles||926 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Fri 3:48 AM||1856 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Fri 5:48 AM||1916 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 6:48 AM||1983 km||1232 miles||1071 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Fri 6:48 AM||2382 km||1480 miles||1286 nm||E|
|Cairns||Fri 4:48 AM||2423 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.