Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, August 16, 2014 at 4:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, August 10, 2014 at 6:11 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, August 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, August 16, 2014 at 16:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.63 meters/second, 1564.7 km/hour, 972.2 miles/hour or 844.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 11.2"||972.05 mi||West||0° 07' 07.8"||8.17 mi||North||971.83 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 49.7"||824.06 mi||East||2° 26' 44.8"||168.16 mi||North||836.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sat 6:30 AM||1574 km||978 miles||850 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:30 AM||1663 km||1034 miles||898 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sat 5:30 AM||1715 km||1066 miles||926 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:30 AM||1990 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Sun 4:30 AM||2112 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:30 AM||2280 km||1417 miles||1231 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sun 4:30 AM||2489 km||1546 miles||1344 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:30 AM||2591 km||1610 miles||1399 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:30 AM||2738 km||1702 miles||1479 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sun 4:30 AM||2955 km||1836 miles||1595 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.