Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, August 16, 2014 at 17:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, August 10, 2014 at 6:11 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, August 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, August 16, 2014 at 17:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.40 meters/second, 1563.9 km/hour, 971.7 miles/hour or 844.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.20 mi||west||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||north||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 11.8"||971.55 mi||west||0° 07' 02.7"||8.07 mi||north||971.33 mi|
|24 hours||347° 43' 24.4"||823.37 mi||west||2° 24' 35.7"||165.70 mi||north||835.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Sun 5:30 AM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 5:30 AM||1043 km||648 miles||563 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Sun 5:30 AM||1427 km||887 miles||770 nm||S|
|Midway||Sat 6:30 AM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Sat 5:30 AM||1816 km||1129 miles||981 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sun 5:30 AM||1849 km||1149 miles||998 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Sun 4:30 AM||1996 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 5:30 AM||2556 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Sat 7:30 AM||2993 km||1859 miles||1616 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Sun 6:30 AM||3022 km||1878 miles||1632 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.