Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, August 17, 2014 at 06:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, August 10, 2014 at 6:11 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, August 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, August 17, 2014 at 06:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.64 meters/second, 1553.9 km/hour, 965.6 miles/hour or 839.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||north||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 19.3"||965.35 mi||west||0° 05' 53.8"||6.76 mi||north||965.14 mi|
|24 hours||12° 13' 21.5"||814.41 mi||east||1° 56' 05.5"||133.05 mi||north||821.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tambacounda||Sun 6:30 AM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||S|
|Rosso||Sun 6:30 AM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||WNW|
|Touba||Sun 6:30 AM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||WSW|
|Farafenni||Sun 6:30 AM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||SW|
|Saint-Louis||Sun 6:30 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||W|
|Gabú||Sun 6:30 AM||376 km||233 miles||203 nm||SSW|
|Thiès||Sun 6:30 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||WSW|
|Nouakchott||Sun 6:30 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||NW|
|Tidjikja||Sun 6:30 AM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||NNE|
|Bafatá||Sun 6:30 AM||400 km||249 miles||216 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.