Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 02:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 2:05 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 6:14 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 02:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.99 meters/second, 1620.0 km/hour, 1006.6 miles/hour or 874.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.8"||16.78 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 55.9"||1006.61 mi||west||0° 09' 28.8"||10.86 mi||south||1006.73 mi|
|24 hours||10° 28' 18.4"||723.70 mi||east||3° 50' 03.6"||263.47 mi||south||770.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sofifi||Tue 11:18 AM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||WSW|
|Ternate||Tue 11:18 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||WSW|
|Manokwari||Tue 11:18 AM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||SE|
|Manado||Tue 10:18 AM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||W|
|General Santos||Tue 10:18 AM||703 km||437 miles||380 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Tue 11:18 AM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||NE|
|Ambon||Tue 11:18 AM||730 km||453 miles||394 nm||SSW|
|Davao||Tue 10:18 AM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||NW|
|Gorontalo||Tue 10:18 AM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||WSW|
|Kendari||Tue 10:18 AM||1133 km||704 miles||612 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.