Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 02:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 2:05 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 6:14 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 02:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 450.00 meters/second, 1620.0 km/hour, 1006.6 miles/hour or 874.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.8"||16.78 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 55.8"||1006.63 mi||west||0° 09' 29.0"||10.86 mi||south||1006.75 mi|
|24 hours||10° 28' 21.4"||723.77 mi||east||3° 50' 05.1"||263.50 mi||south||770.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ternate||Tue 11:28 AM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||SSW|
|Sofifi||Tue 11:28 AM||199 km||123 miles||107 nm||SSW|
|Manado||Tue 10:28 AM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Tue 10:28 AM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||NW|
|Davao||Tue 10:28 AM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||NNW|
|Gorontalo||Tue 10:28 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||WSW|
|Ambon||Tue 11:28 AM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Tue 11:28 AM||773 km||480 miles||417 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Tue 11:28 AM||923 km||573 miles||498 nm||NE|
|Kendari||Tue 10:28 AM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.