Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 2:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 2:07 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 6:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 02:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 450.00 meters/second, 1620.0 km/hour, 1006.6 miles/hour or 874.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.8"||16.78 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 55.8"||1006.56 mi||West||0° 09' 29.0"||10.86 mi||South||1006.68 mi|
|24 hours||10° 28' 21.0"||723.71 mi||East||3° 50' 04.9"||263.48 mi||South||770.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sofifi||Tue 11:28 AM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||SSW|
|Ternate||Tue 11:28 AM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||SSW|
|Manado||Tue 10:28 AM||395 km||245 miles||213 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Tue 10:28 AM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||NW|
|Davao||Tue 10:28 AM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||NNW|
|Gorontalo||Tue 10:28 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||WSW|
|Ambon||Tue 11:28 AM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Tue 11:28 AM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||ESE|
|Zamboanga City||Tue 10:28 AM||841 km||522 miles||454 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Tue 11:28 AM||899 km||558 miles||485 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.