Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 14:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 2:05 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 6:14 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 450.35 meters/second, 1621.3 km/hour, 1007.4 miles/hour or 875.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.8"||16.79 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 49.6"||1007.40 mi||west||0° 09' 36.2"||11.00 mi||south||1007.48 mi|
|24 hours||10° 32' 38.1"||729.34 mi||east||3° 50' 54.9"||264.45 mi||south||775.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Belém||Tue 11:18 AM||510 km||317 miles||275 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 11:18 AM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||SE|
|Cayenne||Tue 11:18 AM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||WNW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 11:18 AM||1330 km||826 miles||718 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Tue 11:18 AM||1427 km||887 miles||771 nm||SE|
|Salvador||Tue 11:18 AM||1636 km||1017 miles||883 nm||SSE|
|Georgetown||Tue 10:18 AM||1677 km||1042 miles||906 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Tue 10:18 AM||1789 km||1111 miles||966 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia||Tue 11:18 AM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||SSW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 10:18 AM||2176 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.