Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 14:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 2:07 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 6:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 450.35 meters/second, 1621.3 km/hour, 1007.4 miles/hour or 875.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.8"||16.79 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 49.7"||1007.33 mi||west||0° 09' 36.2"||11.00 mi||south||1007.41 mi|
|24 hours||10° 32' 37.7"||729.28 mi||east||3° 50' 54.9"||264.43 mi||south||775.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Belém||Tue 11:18 AM||538 km||334 miles||290 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 11:18 AM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||SE|
|Cayenne||Tue 11:18 AM||1032 km||641 miles||557 nm||WNW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 11:18 AM||1357 km||843 miles||733 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Tue 11:18 AM||1405 km||873 miles||759 nm||SE|
|Salvador||Tue 11:18 AM||1625 km||1009 miles||877 nm||SSE|
|Georgetown||Tue 10:18 AM||1705 km||1059 miles||921 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Tue 10:18 AM||1818 km||1130 miles||982 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia||Tue 11:18 AM||1861 km||1156 miles||1005 nm||SSW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 10:18 AM||2199 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.