Troubleshoot cookiesThe customization features on timeanddate.com depends on cookies to store your information. Cookies are stored on your own computer, not on timeanddate.com. If the file or files that stores your cookies are either cleared, deleted or corrupted, your current settings on timeanddate.com will be lost. To prevent this from happening please alter the cookie settings in your browser. Please click on your browser below to see how to change the cookie settings there.
- Cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Cookies in Mozilla Firefox
- Cookies in Opera
- Cookies in Netscape
- Cookies in Chrome
- Cookies in Safari
- Cookies in other browsers
What to do when settings work initially, but are later lostOften - the settings work fine once they have been set, but stop working during the next visit, or after days or many weeks use.
Settings are lost after the browser if closedIf the settings are lost after the browser is closed, they are probably only saved as so-called session or temporary cookies. Please look at the browser-specific assistance above.
Settings that are lost after a while
If the settings are working fine for a while, and then suddenly are lost then you must set your configuration again. However, to make it easier if it should happen again, there is an solution:
- Site customizer - after saving settings, follow the "Linkable page for settings" and add it to your favourites/bookmarks in your browser. If settings are lost later, go to that bookmark, and just click the "Save settings" button.
- Personal World Clock Setup - after saving settings and going to your Personal World Clock, find the "Make Linkable version of these cities" link and save it to your favourites/bookmarks. If the setting are lost later, you can access your Personal World Clock using this bookmark.
Using the site without cookies
If you do not have cookie support at all, the personalization and customization features will not work for you - however, all content on the site will still be available. In the future, there will be an addition to the Personal World Clock to make it work without cookie-support.