Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in Macquarie Island, Tasmania, Australia
Eclipse visible in Macquarie Island – Sep 22, 2025 Partial Solar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like in Macquarie Island (weather permitting).
During this partial solar eclipse, the Moon covers only parts of the Sun, as seen from Macquarie Island. As the central part of the Moon's shadow (umbra) misses the Earth during a partial solar eclipse, there are no other locations on Earth where the Sun appears completely covered during this event.
The Moon covers a large portion of the Sun, so this is still a spectacular sight.
Local times for eclipse in Macquarie Island on Monday, September 22, 2025
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
This eclipse is in progress during sunrise or sunset, so the Sun is displayed only partly in some phases, according to its altitude below the horizon. The animation's bottom edge represents an ideal, flat horizon, which is at the same altitude as the observer.Times are local for Macquarie Island ( - (null)).
Other eclipses visible in Macquarie Island
Sun & Moon Calculators for Macquarie Island
- Sunrise and sunset in Macquarie Island
- Moonrise and moonset in Macquarie Island
- Phases of the moon in Macquarie Island
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun