Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in Punta Arenas, Chile
Eclipse visible in Punta Arenas – Aug 7, 2017 Partial Lunar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
BETA: This is a temporary animation, it would look different in real life. We hope to fix that issue soon.
Local times for eclipse in Punta Arenas on Monday, August 7, 2017
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
|Event||Time in Punta Arenas||Direction||Altitude||Looks like||Comments|
|Penumbral eclipse begins||Aug 7 at 11:52 AM||193°||21.2° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Partial eclipse begins||Aug 7 at 1:25 PM||170°||21.6° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Aug 7 at 3:17 PM||143°||15.4° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Aug 7 at 4:50 PM||123°||5.7° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||Aug 7 at 5:23 PM||117°||0.9° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
Other eclipses visible in Punta Arenas
Sun & Moon Calculators for Punta Arenas
- Sunrise and sunset in Punta Arenas
- Moonrise and moonset in Punta Arenas
- Phases of the moon in Punta Arenas
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun