Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
Eclipse visible in Thiruvananthapuram – Jan 15, 2010 Annular Solar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like in Thiruvananthapuram (weather permitting).
Observers there can experience the “ring of fire” that is characteristic for this kind of solar eclipse. This is a rare and spectacular event that can only be experienced along a relatively narrow strip on the Earth's surface. The eclipse is also visible in other areas, but the Moon does not move centrally in front of the Sun there and the “ring of fire” is not visible.
Local times for eclipse in Thiruvananthapuram on Friday, January 15, 2010
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.Thiruvananthapuram (IST - India Standard Time).
Other eclipses visible in Thiruvananthapuram
Sun & Moon Calculators for Thiruvananthapuram
- Sunrise and sunset in Thiruvananthapuram
- Moonrise and moonset in Thiruvananthapuram
- Phases of the moon in Thiruvananthapuram
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun