Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in Tarawa, Kiribati
Eclipse visible in Tarawa – May 10, 2013 Annular Solar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like in Tarawa (weather permitting).
This annular solar eclipse is fully visible in Tarawa. Observers there can experience the “ring of fire” that is characteristic for this kind of solar eclipse. This is a rare and spectacular event that can only be experienced along a relatively narrow strip on the Earth's surface. The eclipse is also visible in other areas, but the Moon does not move centrally in front of the Sun there and the “ring of fire” is not visible.
Stages in eclipse
- Partial Eclipse just started
- Partial Eclipse in good progress
- Full Eclipse starts
- Maximum Eclipse
- Full Eclipse ends
- Partial Eclipse continues
- Partial Eclipse about to end
Local times for eclipse in Tarawa on Friday, May 10, 2013
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.Tarawa (GILT - Gilbert Island Time).
Other eclipses visible in Tarawa
Sun & Moon Calculators for Tarawa
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun