Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in Chatham Islands, Chatham Islands, New Zealand
Eclipse visible in Chatham Islands – May 31, 1946 Partial Solar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like in Chatham Islands (weather permitting).
During this partial solar eclipse, the Moon covers only parts of the Sun, as seen from Chatham Islands. As the central part of the Moon's shadow (umbra) misses the Earth during a partial solar eclipse, there are no other locations on Earth where the Sun appears completely covered during this event.
The Moon covers only a small portion of the Sun.
Local times for eclipse in Chatham Islands on Friday, May 31, 1946
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
Some of the eclipse is very close to the horizon.Times are local for Chatham Islands ( - (null)).
Other eclipses visible in Chatham Islands
Sun & Moon Calculators for Chatham Islands
- Sunrise and sunset in Chatham Islands
- Moonrise and moonset in Chatham Islands
- Phases of the moon in Chatham Islands
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun