Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in Gisborne, New Zealand
Eclipse visible in Gisborne – Feb 11, 2017 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
BETA: This is a temporary animation, it would look different in real life. We hope to fix that issue soon.
Stages in eclipse
- Penumbral Eclipse just started
- Penumbral Eclipse in good progress
- Maximum Eclipse
- Penumbral Eclipse continues
- Penumbral Eclipse about to end
Local times for eclipse in Gisborne on Saturday, February 11, 2017
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
|Event||Time in Gisborne||Direction||Altitude||Looks like||Comments|
|Penumbral eclipse begins||Feb 11 at 11:36 AM||227°||57.1° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Feb 11 at 3:53 PM||118°||48.8° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||Feb 11 at 4:20 PM||112°||44.1° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
Other eclipses visible in Gisborne
Sun & Moon Calculators for Gisborne
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun