Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Norway
Eclipse visible in Longyearbyen – Mar 23, 2016 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
BETA: This is a temporary animation, it would look different in real life. We hope to fix that issue soon.
Local times for eclipse in Longyearbyen on Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
|Event||Time in Longyearbyen||Direction||Altitude||Looks like||Comments|
|Penumbral eclipse begins||Mar 23 at 10:42 AM||340°||12.0° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Mar 23 at 2:53 PM||42°||10.3° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||Mar 23 at 3:20 PM||49°||9.4° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
Other eclipses visible in Longyearbyen
Sun & Moon Calculators for Longyearbyen
- Sunrise and sunset in Longyearbyen
- Moonrise and moonset in Longyearbyen
- Phases of the moon in Longyearbyen
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun