Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in Ponta Delgada (Azores), Portugal
Eclipse visible in Ponta Delgada (Azores) – Aug 16, 2008 Partial Lunar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
BETA: This is a temporary animation, it would look different in real life. We hope to fix that issue soon.
Local times for eclipse in Ponta Delgada (Azores) on Saturday, August 16, 2008
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
This eclipse is in progress during sunrise or sunset, so the Sun is displayed only partly in some phases, according to its altitude below the horizon. The animation's bottom edge represents an ideal, flat horizon, which is at the same altitude as the observer.Times are local for Ponta Delgada (Azores) (AZOST - Azores Summer Time).
Other eclipses visible in Ponta Delgada (Azores)
Sun & Moon Calculators for Ponta Delgada (Azores)
- Sunrise and sunset in Ponta Delgada (Azores)
- Moonrise and moonset in Ponta Delgada (Azores)
- Phases of the moon in Ponta Delgada (Azores)
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun