Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in Victoria, Seychelles
Eclipse visible in Victoria – Oct 16, 1940 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
BETA: This is a temporary animation, it would look different in real life. We hope to fix that issue soon.
Stages in eclipse
- Penumbral Eclipse just started
- Penumbral Eclipse in good progress
- Maximum Eclipse
- Penumbral Eclipse continues
- Penumbral Eclipse about to end
Local times for eclipse in Victoria on Wednesday, October 16, 1940
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
|Event||Time in Victoria||Direction||Altitude||Looks like||Comments|
|Maximum Eclipse||Oct 16 at 9:33 AM||276°||53.9° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Penumbral eclipse begins||Oct 16 at 9:59 AM||277°||60.2° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Oct 16 at 2:03 PM||82°||61.6° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
Other eclipses visible in Victoria
Sun & Moon Calculators for Victoria
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun