Eclipse Calculator – Eclipses in Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte, Sri Lanka
Eclipse visible in Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte – Nov 28, 2012 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
This is an approximate representation. The eclipse and moon will look slightly different in real life.
During this penumbral lunar eclipse, the Earth's main shadow do not cover the Moon. As the Earth's shadow (umbra) misses the Moon during a penumbral lunar eclipse, there are no other locations on Earth where the Moon appears partially or totally eclipsed during this event.
A penumbral lunar eclipse can be a bit hard to see, as the shadowed part is only a little bit fainter than the rest of the Moon.
Local times for eclipse in Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte on Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Click on the Sun/Moon symbol in the “Looks like” column to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
Some of the eclipse is very close to the horizon.Times are local for Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte (IST - India Standard Time).
Other eclipses visible in Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte
Sun & Moon Calculators for Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte
- Sunrise and sunset in Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte
- Moonrise and moonset in Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte
- Phases of the moon in Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun