Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in Istanbul, Turkey
Eclipse visible in Istanbul – Mar 23, 2016 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
BETA: This is a temporary animation, it would look different in real life. We hope to fix that issue soon.
Stages in eclipse
- Penumbral Eclipse just started
- Penumbral Eclipse in good progress
- Maximum Eclipse
- Penumbral Eclipse continues
- Penumbral Eclipse about to end
Local times for eclipse in Istanbul on Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
|Event||Time in Istanbul||Direction||Altitude||Looks like||Comments|
|Penumbral eclipse begins||Mar 23 at 11:42 AM||351°||49.2° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Mar 23 at 3:53 PM||66°||27.0° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||Mar 23 at 4:20 PM||71°||22.4° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
Other eclipses visible in Istanbul
Sun & Moon Calculators for Istanbul
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun