Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in Adak, Alaska, U.S.A.
Eclipse visible in Adak – Aug 15, 1943 Partial Lunar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
BETA: This is a temporary animation, it would look different in real life. We hope to fix that issue soon.
Stages in eclipse
- Penumbral Eclipse just started
- Penumbral Eclipse in good progress
- Partial Eclipse starts
- Maximum Eclipse
- Full Eclipse ends
- Penumbral Eclipse continues
- Penumbral Eclipse about to end
Local times for eclipse in Adak on Sunday, August 15, 1943
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
|Event||Time in Adak||Direction||Altitude||Looks like||Comments|
|Maximum Eclipse||Aug 15 at 6:29 AM||246°||1.0° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Penumbral eclipse begins||Aug 15 at 7:01 AM||252°||6.3° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Partial eclipse begins||Aug 15 at 8:04 AM||264°||15.2° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Aug 15 at 10:52 AM||299°||38.9° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Aug 15 at 11:55 AM||316°||46.0° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
Other eclipses visible in Adak
Sun & Moon Calculators for Adak
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun