Eclipse Calculator – Eclipses in San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
Eclipse visible in San Francisco – Nov 17 – Nov 18, 1937 Partial Lunar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
This is an approximate representation. The eclipse and moon will look slightly different in real life.
During this partial lunar eclipse, the Earth's shadow covers only parts of the Moon, as seen from San Francisco. As the central part of the Earth's shadow (umbra) misses the Moon during a partial lunar eclipse, there are no other locations on Earth where the Moon appears completely covered during this event.
The Earth's shadow covers only a small portion of the Moon.
Local times for eclipse in San Francisco on Thursday, November 18, 1937
Click on the Sun/Moon symbol in the “Looks like” column to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.San Francisco (PST - Pacific Standard Time).
Other eclipses visible in San Francisco
Sun & Moon Calculators for San Francisco
- Sunrise and sunset in San Francisco
- Moonrise and moonset in San Francisco
- Phases of the moon in San Francisco
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun