Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
Eclipse visible in San Francisco – Aug 15, 1943 Partial Lunar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
BETA: This is a temporary animation, it would look different in real life. We hope to fix that issue soon.
Stages in eclipse
- Penumbral Eclipse just started
- Penumbral Eclipse in good progress
- Partial Eclipse starts
- Maximum Eclipse
- Full Eclipse ends
- Penumbral Eclipse continues
- Penumbral Eclipse about to end
Local times for eclipse in San Francisco on Sunday, August 15, 1943
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
|Event||Time in San Francisco||Direction||Altitude||Looks like||Comments|
|Maximum Eclipse||Aug 15 at 9:29 AM||280°||38.0° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Penumbral eclipse begins||Aug 15 at 10:01 AM||286°||43.8° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Partial eclipse begins||Aug 15 at 11:04 AM||301°||54.5° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Aug 15 at 1:52 PM||21°||65.9° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Aug 15 at 2:55 PM||49°||58.9° below||Not directly visible||Under horizon|
Other eclipses visible in San Francisco
Sun & Moon Calculators for San Francisco
- Sunrise and sunset in San Francisco
- Moonrise and moonset in San Francisco
- Phases of the moon in San Francisco
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun