Eclipse Calculator – Eclipses in San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
Eclipse visible in San Francisco – Aug 25, 1942 Total Lunar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
This is an approximate representation. The eclipse and moon will look slightly different in real life.
The total lunar eclipse is sometimes called a blood moon, as the moon turns red.
Local times for eclipse in San Francisco on Tuesday, August 25, 1942
Click on the Sun/Moon symbol in the “Looks like” column to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
This eclipse is in progress during moonrise or moonset, so only parts of the eclipse are visible in San Francisco.
The animation's bottom edge represents an ideal, flat horizon, which is at the same altitude as the observer.Times are local for San Francisco ( - (null)).
Other eclipses visible in San Francisco
Sun & Moon Calculators for San Francisco
- Sunrise and sunset in San Francisco
- Moonrise and moonset in San Francisco
- Phases of the moon in San Francisco
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun