Jan 19, 1935 Total Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- Much of Asia
- Much of North America
- Indian Ocean
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations being able to see at least parts of the Total part.
- Baghdad, Iraq
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Tokyo, Japan
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Cairo, Egypt
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Bucharest, Romania
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Budapest, Hungary
- Ankara, Turkey
- Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Moscow, Russia
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- New Delhi, Delhi, India
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Rome, Italy
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.
- Bismarck, North Dakota, U.S.A.
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in New York*||Visible in New York|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Jan 19 at 12:42 PM||Jan 19 at 7:42 AM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Jan 19 at 1:54 PM||Jan 19 at 8:54 AM||No, below horizon|
|Full Eclipse begins||Jan 19 at 3:05 PM||Jan 19 at 10:05 AM||No, below horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||Jan 19 at 3:47 PM||Jan 19 at 10:47 AM||No, below horizon|
|Full Eclipse ends||Jan 19 at 4:28 PM||Jan 19 at 11:28 AM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Jan 19 at 5:39 PM||Jan 19 at 12:39 PM||No, below horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Jan 19 at 6:51 PM||Jan 19 at 1:51 PM||No, below horizon|
* The Moon is below the horizon during this eclipse, so it is not possible to view it in New York.