Jul 16, 1935 Total Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- South/West Europe
- South/East Asia
- South/West Australia
- South/West North America
- Much of South America
- Indian Ocean
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations being able to see at least parts of the Total part.
- Madrid, Spain
- Guatemala, Guatemala
- Havana, Cuba
- Washington DC, District of Columbia, U.S.A.
- Lagos, Nigeria
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Lima, Lima, Peru
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Casablanca, Morocco
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Caracas, Venezuela
- Santiago, Chile
- São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
Partial eclipse visible in:
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Seattle*||Visible in Seattle|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Jul 16 at 2:18 AM||Jul 15 at 6:18 PM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Jul 16 at 3:15 AM||Jul 15 at 7:15 PM||No, below horizon|
|Full Eclipse begins||Jul 16 at 4:10 AM||Jul 15 at 8:10 PM||Yes|
|Maximum Eclipse||Jul 16 at 4:59 AM||Jul 15 at 8:59 PM||Yes|
|Full Eclipse ends||Jul 16 at 5:48 AM||Jul 15 at 9:48 PM||Yes|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Jul 16 at 6:43 AM||Jul 15 at 10:43 PM||Yes|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Jul 16 at 7:40 AM||Jul 15 at 11:40 PM||Yes|
* The Moon is below the horizon in Seattle some of the time, so that part of the eclipse is not visible.