Aug 4, 1944 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- South/East Asia
- Much of North America
- South/West South America
- Indian Ocean
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China
- Manila, Philippines
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Seoul, South Korea
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Singapore, Singapore
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China
- Tokyo, Japan
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Seattle*||Visible in Seattle|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Aug 4 at 11:00 AM||Aug 4 at 4:00 AM||Yes|
|Maximum Eclipse||Aug 4 at 12:27 PM||Aug 4 at 5:27 AM||Yes|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Aug 4 at 1:54 PM||Aug 4 at 6:54 AM||No, below horizon|
* The Moon is below the horizon in Seattle some of the time, so that part of the eclipse is not visible.