Jul 28, 1999 Partial Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- South/East Asia
- South/West North America
- Much of South America
- Indian Ocean
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Lima, Lima, Peru
- Santiago, Chile
- Guatemala, Guatemala
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Manila, Philippines
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Seoul, South Korea
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Singapore, Singapore
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Tokyo, Japan
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Seattle*||Visible in Seattle|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Jul 28 at 9:00 AM||Jul 28 at 2:00 AM||Yes|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Jul 28 at 10:25 AM||Jul 28 at 3:25 AM||Yes|
|Maximum Eclipse||Jul 28 at 11:34 AM||Jul 28 at 4:34 AM||Yes|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Jul 28 at 12:44 PM||Jul 28 at 5:44 AM||Yes|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Jul 28 at 2:08 PM||Jul 28 at 7:08 AM||No, below horizon|
* The Moon is below the horizon in Seattle some of the time, so that part of the eclipse is not visible.