Jul 5, 2001 Partial Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- East in Europe
- South/East Asia
- Much of Africa
- West in North America
- South in South America
- Indian Ocean
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Tokyo, Japan
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Manila, Philippines
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Seoul, South Korea
- Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China
- Singapore, Singapore
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China
- New Delhi, Delhi, India
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Washington DC*||Visible in Washington DC|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Jul 5 at 12:15 PM||Jul 5 at 8:15 AM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Jul 5 at 1:38 PM||Jul 5 at 9:38 AM||No, below horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||Jul 5 at 2:56 PM||Jul 5 at 10:56 AM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Jul 5 at 4:14 PM||Jul 5 at 12:14 PM||No, below horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Jul 5 at 5:37 PM||Jul 5 at 1:37 PM||No, below horizon|
* The Moon is below the horizon during this eclipse, so it is not possible to view it in Washington DC.